Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fun Run

Joshua's school had a Fun Run today. It was called a "BoosterThon." It is a new way of raising money for the school without going door to door selling stuff. Yay! I am not a fan of 100 kids in the same neighborhood trying to sell wrapping paper or pocket calendars you are never going to use to people you never talk to. Just my 2 cents worth! So the kids get pledges from family members for a dollar amount per lap around the track they walk. The track is 1/16 of a mile. The people who organized this did a great job getting the kids into it. They had fun music playing and would have the kids do different things as they ran. They had lots of water for the kids and gave them all a T-shirt. It was really fun to watch Joshua interact with his friends at school. He ended up doing 26 laps! Get out the checkbook Dad!










1 comment:

Kelly Albert said...

Good ole grandparents :) hehe. Way to go Joshua. Sounds like a great way to raise money. I agree- I remember those DOOR to DOOR days- whew!