Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dylan's First Day of School




Today was Dylan's turn to start school. He attends the CDC program at our church. I knew his first day of school would not be as eventful as Joshua's (thank goodness) but it was still a special day. Dylan has been looking forward to starting school since last year when we would drop off and pick up Joshua from preschool. He was excited to get a big boy backpack and lunchbox. Since his school is the same place we attend church I am not sure if he knows the difference between the two but I am sure over time he will. The program at Asbury is so wonderful. They keep the kids busy the entire time. Joshua learned so much there, we are happy Dylan gets to have the same experience. He was excited getting ready this morning. It was time to go to the classroom right when we got there so there was not much time for any drama. I dropped him off and he went right in and started doing a puzzle. I tried to sneak off but he caught me and started to cry. I went ahead and left and never turned back. I know he probably settled down quickly since this is his normal routine when we drop him off for church. I am about to go pick him up so we will see how his day went!

3 comments:

Mom Lingo said...

Hey Allison,
I'm so proud of the boys. They both look so cute. Dylan is growing up so fast. Tell them that MawMaw and PaPa love them and hope to see them soon. Glad Mom is doing alright too. You'll find plenty to do. Love you all, Mom Lingo

Heather said...

I love the picture of Dylan with his backpack on and his head tilted to the side!! Too cute!!!! I am so glad both boys are enjoying school!! A big sigh of relief for Mom and Dad! :)

Anonymous said...

Dylan looks so grown up in those pictures. What a big boy going off to school with his big back pack.

Glad to hear all went well.

Becky