Friday, January 2, 2009
Merry Christmas
We celebrated Christmas morning at our "old" house despite the boxes and mess everywhere. Since everything with the new house happened so quickly, we wanted to have one last Christmas at that house. We had already taken down all of the decorations except the tree. We had a fun morning. Joshua got us up about 6:45am. We went in Dylan's room to wake him up, but I think he would have rather slept a while longer before opening presents. We had decided to have a "smaller" Christmas this year to teach the kids a lesson in giving rather than receiving. We got a 5 year old boy's name off the angel tree earlier in the month and shopped for him so he would have a good Christmas. Joshua had a great time picking out stuff for him. We explained that only Santa would bring gifts this year since we used Mommy and Daddy's money to buy for someone else. Well, that did not happen. I think the kids ended up with about the same if not more than usual. That is the only problem with starting your Christmas shopping early, you forget what you have already bought and it doesn't seem so bad spread out over a few months. Oh well! At least we still did something good for someone in need. We are truly thankful that we have resources to be able to do that. Joshua was excited that Santa left him a "Ben Ten alien force maker" and Dylan was excited with his new "lightning McQueen" bike. Tim got a GPS and I got diamond earrings. After we celebrated at our house it was time to go to Gram's. The kids got lots of good stuff over there as well!(Tim and I too)I would say the big hit with the kids was the automatic Nerf guns that Uncle Jason bought. The guns are so big Dylan can hardly hold his up! Thanks a lot Jason! (no sarcasm at all!!!) We stayed the entire day and checked out everyone's gifts and ate a big lunch. That is always one of my favorite days of the year. I thank God so much that I am blessed with a great family. Happy Birthday Jesus!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What is Tim doing in the 2nd picture? It looks like he is sitting in a high chair. :) Just had to share that random thought with you. :)
lol! My guess is putting a new toy together.
Hey Guys,
I love all the updates and the great pictures. It was a fun time . We wish you all a blessed year. See you again soon. Love you, Mom Lingo
Post a Comment