We have had a very busy few days. My best friend Katie came for a visit! We are always sooo excited when she comes to visit. Katie and I met before the 6th grade. We lived in the same neighborhood and went to the same school. We were best friends pretty much from the day we met. She moved back to Kansas (where her family is originally from) at the end of 9th grade. We have been friends apart longer than we have been together. I just love her. She is my Phoebe. (from the show "Friends") There has not been a year since she moved that I have not gone to see her or she has come to see me. We actually saw each other twice this year as I went to Kansas for a girl's weekend in February. While she was here we did lots of shopping and eating out as usual. Friday Katie, my mom and I went to Under the Christmas Tree and to lunch. We had a fun girls day. We hung out with the kids most of the day Saturday and then Gram and Grampie watched the boys Saturday night so Tim ,Katie and I could go out for a while. We went to Bridgesteet and had dinner at PF Chang's. Sunday we went to church and did some more running around in the afternoon. Monday was her last day and we went shopping at some speciality shops and went to the mall. We came home and had a lazy afternoon before going to dinner with my parents. Tuesday came way too fast as that was the day she had to go home. She left at 5am to head to the airport. My house always seems so quiet the day after she leaves. The boys just love her as she loves them just as much! We are already planning our next trip! It's my turn so hopefully I can make it back to Kansas soon! We had a blast Aunt Katie!
No comments:
Post a Comment