Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Week in Review....

I was bad this past week about blogging. I kept thinking I needed to go do a post but I never got around to it.( I know you are devastated!) We have had a very busy week so I will just give you a mini review! Last Thursday Aunt Donna (Tim's sister) came up. She needed some car seats for her grandchildren and we had some extra ones so she came up to get them and visit. We had a fun morning doing some shopping. The kids were both in school so that gave us so time to check out Kohls and Old Navy. We met Tim for lunch at P.F.Changs at Bridgestreet. It was sooo good! After lunch we did some more shopping before going to pick up Dylan from school. When we got home we looked at Donna's vacation pictures and then she had to head home. Friday morning Gram watched Dylan for me so I could get the grass mowed for Tim. I knew we had lots going on over the weekend so I wanted to get that out of the way for him. After Gram brought Dylan home we went and ran some errands and cleaned up the house. Gram came back over later that afternoon and had dinner with us since Grampie was out of town. Saturday morning we went the the "Mom and Son Olympics" at the church. Tim and Jason Gjesvold were put in charge of this event. They have worked really hard on planning it for a few months. It was such a fun event. They had different events for the moms and sons to do together. It was all geared toward little kids. We did an egg drop, obstacle course,races,and water events. We had lunch outside and the kids even had inflatables to play on. The guys did a great job planning this. I have done it no justice in my explanation of it, but it was GREAT!!! After the Olympics was over we came home and rested and then had a birthday party to go to. Our neighbor Eva was turning 4. We went to her house and had dinner and birthday cake. We sat outside and watched the kids play. After the sun went down it was so perfect outside. I was sad when we had to go in, but the kids were so over done for the day! Sunday morning we had our normal church stuff. Joshua's choir sang at the Traditional service. They sang "Jesus I want to be like you." It is always so sweet and touching to hear little kids praising and worshipping the Lord! They were so cute! After church we went to lunch and then headed home to rest up for another birthday party! Our friend Megan was having her 5th birthday. She had a carnival theme for her party. Unfortunately it rained so the party had to be inside. Tim took the kids since I had to be back at the church for puppet practice. The kids had fun playing different games for prizes and decorating their goody bags and cupcakes. Joshua told Tim on the way home that was a really fun party! Thanks for inviting us Megan! (and Christie!)
I told you we have been busy! We are so grateful for all of the fun activities that that kids get to participate in! Here are some pictures from the weekend. (some pictures are a copy right of Gjesvold paparazzi services) (thanks Heather!)







No comments: